Chicken Alfredo is my most favourite pasta meal. There’s nothing quite like it. This is such a simple and tasty recipe, that you will want to make over and over again!
This recipe is a lighter version of regular Alfredo recipes, using Almond Milk instead of cream. It’s super easy to make and takes less than 30 minutes to make! If I can do it, so can you!
You can add just about any vegetable to it; mushrooms, broccoli, peas, peppers etc.
Just thinking about it makes me want to make another batch.
- 900g package of fettuccine (You can use any kind of pasta)
- 2-3 boneless skinless chicken breasts (use 3 if you like more chicken on your plate)
- 2 cups of broccoli florets.
- 3 Tbsp soy margarine (you can also use olive oil)
- 2 1/2 cups Almond Breeze (original not flavoured)
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 cups parmesan cheese
- Cut chicken breasts into small cubes and cook till cooked through. *Tip: Add a little salt, pepper and garlic powder to the chicken so it’s not so bland.
- cook fettuccine according to package directions, drain and set aside.
- boil broccoli until tender (but not mushy) and drain.
- in a large skillet, melt margarine on medium heat. Once margarine is melted add almond milk, salt pepper and garlic powder and heat over medium-low heat.
- Turn the heat to low, add the cheese, and whisk until melted. Note: parmesan cheese isn’t an easy-melting cheese and it’s okay to see tiny clumps. If it’s too thick, add a dash more of Almond milk, if too thin, add a little flour.
- Add cooked chicken, broccoli and pasta to Alfredo sauce and stir to coat evenly
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
You can make this ahead and freeze. DO NOT LEAVE ALFREDO SITTING ON THE COUNTER. Cook and freeze right away!
*If batch cooking, cook noodles to al dente not to overcook the noodles when reheating.
*Cook from frozen or thaw in fridge overnight. Add a little almond milk while cooking if sauce has separated from the pasta.
*Tip: If cooking from frozen, add a little almond milk while cooking if the sauce has separated from the pasta.
I love this recipe….I have to try it. Chicken Alfredo is one of my top favourite dishes.
This recipe looks really easy to make and I love Chicken Alfredo, thanks very much for sharing it.
I will have to try this recipe , looks so good , thanks for sharing , Hubbies favorite 🙂
That sounds like a great way to make Alfredo.
I love Chicken Alfredo. Its also one of my favorites. I will definitely try it out with the Almond Milk
I would have never thought of using almond milk in an Alfredo sauce, but it does sound good.
Comments are closed.