KidOFit® shoes were created by Ron Bar, PhD in Biomedical Engineering who has been developing innovative foot-care products over 20 years. Before KidOFit®, Ron was the founder and president of Orthofeet, Inc., a leading company in the orthopedic shoe and foot orthotics business.
After selling his part in Orthofeet, Ron’s daughters – who have had difficulties finding well-fitted shoes for their kids – suggested that he should use his expertise in foot biomechanics and shoe design to develop high-quality shoes for kids. Ron took the challenge seriously, and created innovative shoes, which are designed to promote healthy foot development in infants and toddlers.
- My 2 year old son has really big and thick feet, It’s always hard to find shoes that fit him. I usually have to get him shoes that are one or two sizes bigger because of how thick and wide his feet are.
- I received a pair of KidOFit shoes in Theo – Brown to test and review.
- When opening the package, The first thing I noticed was the extra pair of insoles, and how well the shoes were wrapped in a cloth.
The shoes came with 2 insoles, a green one and a yellow that was already in the shoes.
If you find the shoes are a little to big for your little one, remove the yellow insole, place the green one in and then add the yellow one on top of the green. This is help the foot not slip as much in the shoe and be more comfortable.
KidOFit shoes have a wide opening at the tongue area, which enables the foot to easily get into the shoe without having to squeeze the toes or having to put the foot in sideways.
The sole is made of a thin and flexible elastomer, which mimics barefoot walking, promoting the development of bones and muscles, and improving posture skills.
There is also a heal strap with an elastic collar that enables you to adjust the grip around the heel.The elastic collar stretches around the heel, and conforms to the individual′s foot width.
KidOFit’s unique comfort features include:
- Barefoot SoleTM technology
- Transparent soles, which enable viewing the child’s toes
- Customized Fit System
- Elastic Collar
- Heel Strap
- Fitting inserts
- Ergonomic Design
- Anatomical shape
- Smooth, protective interior
- Light and flexible construction
- Wide opening for easy on/off
*The product(s) featured in this review were provided free of cost to me by the manufacturer or representing PR agency for the sole purpose of product testing. Opinions expressed are my own and are NOT influenced by monetary compensation.*