Traveling on your own can be a very stressful and difficult task, but when you do it with an infant, it becomes even more complicated. You have to make sure that the newborn feeding schedule is not ruined, that your baby gets good sleep, that there is no discomfort on the plane, and many other things. However, there is no reason for you to stress out just yet. In this quick guide, you’ll learn everything about things you need to pack in your carry-on bag when traveling with your little one.
Carry-on bag: Top 11 necessities
Packing your carry-on bag might be even more stressful than just packing your suitcase since you have to follow the airline’s guidelines and ensure that you don’t bring anything that’s not allowed. Here are some of the most important things you should bring with you:
- Plenty of wipes.
- Diapers. It’s better to get a few diapers for 2-3 days in case something happens.
- A bottle or two if you use them.
- A couple of pacifiers if needed.
- Infant ibuprofen or an alternative depends on your baby’s age.
- Diaper cream. There should not be more than 3.4 oz since more is not allowed on the plane.
- Change of clothes. You never know what might happen before, on, and after the plane. It’s better to be fully prepped for any kind of emergency or situation.
- A couple of bids.
- 3-4 baby blankets.
- Food. The amount of food to take on the plan should be determined individually, but it’s better to pack at least 2-3 meals. Pack some snacks as well. And remember to bring some water as well!
- Favorite toys and/or books. Your baby will either be too stressed or too bored on the plane. Sometimes, a little distraction can do miracles.
Proper preparation is the key to success
You should start packing your carry-on bag way before the trip. To do it properly, it’s best for you to create a list of all things you would like to take with you. Sit down and note everything that you and your baby would need with you on the plane. After that, start preparing for the trip. Keep in mind that doing everything in the hurry often leads to forgetting things and doing something wrong, so take your time.