The kids are in bed, and you’re scouring the house for something sweet, to no avail.
Leftover Halloween candy, even some chocolate chips? All out.
Aha! You find hot chocolate packets you bought for snow days last year. After making sure their expiry date is months away, you try to find a way to doctor up this child’s drink.
Below are a few ways you can turn plain ‘ol hot chocolate packets into fancy schmancy chocolat chaud (that’s just hot chocolate in french, with a neat accent)
- Cinnamon stick, or a pinch of ground cinnamon. Cinnamon and chocolate is a match made in heaven, this is always my go-to for a fall drink.
- Creamer. yaaaawnnn… next!
- Peanut Butter. Add a tiny pinch of salt, a spoon of PB and ohhh! You’ve got dessert in a mug.
- Candy Cane/Peppermint Candy. Crush up some peppermint candy and stir it in. Chocolate + Mint is my favourite flavour of all time.
- Caramel Sauce. You know, the stuff you pour on your kids’ ice cream. Drop a squeeze of that into your hot chocolate. Again, add a pinch of salt to cut the overwhelming sweetness.
- Salt. I know I have already mentioned salt, but it needs its own spot. A dash or three of sea salt in hot chocolate is Y-U-M.
- Marshmallows. Classic.
- Extra Packet. I never follow the directions, because I feel like it’s too thin. I always use 3+ packets of hot chocolate mix per cup.
- Vanilla. Add a few drops of vanilla extract to your drink for a light but delicious flavour.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice. You PSL lovers out there will appreciate this one!
- Nutella. Nom nom..
So those are a few ideas on how to dress up hot chocolate packets. Do you do something not listed? Let me know in the comments below.
What great ideas. I never thought of much except marshmallows. I bet caramel sauce would be delicious.
These are some great ideas! I love hot chocolate, I’ll have to give some of these a try.
Thank you for all your tips on how to dress up hot chocolate. I think almost everyone loves a hot chocolate on a cold night. Now we know more ways to make it even more tasty. Thank you for sharing.
great ideas! I love the pumpkin pie spice idea, will have to try it
Comments are closed.