There’s nothing like a nice big juicy hamburger on a warm summer day, but most burger patties from the store are thin, dry and tasteless. I know we all have our different tastes for burgers, but everyone I asked said they like them to be flavourful and juicy and not dry. When I started making my own burgers instead of store bought, they were always a big hit with everyone.
The recipes I am sharing with you all is so simple, even the kids can help make them.
These burgers come out juicy and full of flavour every time, there’s no way I’m ever going back to store bought burger patties EVER again!
These are perfect for gatherings as they don’t take long to put together or you can make a few days in advance and freeze.
Tip: You can add chopped onions, mushrooms, or just about anything else to the meat mixture. Mushrooms will make the burgers even juicier!
- 3lbs ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup of bread crumbs (I used ripped up bread slices)
- 1/2 cup of cheese
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Grate or cut up cheese into small pieces (I like to cut them as I like big chunks of cheese in my meat).
2. In large bowl, mix ground beef, eggs, bread crumbs, cheese, salt pepper and garlic powder and mix with your hands. Mix until everything is evenly distributed.
3. Grab a handful of the meat mixture and form a patty by flattening both top and bottom. The perfect patty should be a little wider than your bun. The patty will shrink, so making it a little larger then your bun should give you a perfectly sized patty.
4. Place on a grill or frying pan and cook till the middle is fully cooked.
5. Place patties on your favourite bun. Top with lettuce, tomato, cheese, condiments and enjoy!
These taste best when cooked on the BBQ, but I have made them using my George Forman grill and they still taste just as good.
This looks so good. Wish I could have one for dinner tonight. 🙂
Love Homemade Burgers! Can’t wait until we can get the BBQ out and start grilling them. Love the idea of adding cheese to the mix.
They look delicious and I can’t wait to get out and barbecue again.I must try these with the cheese in them.Yummy!
I have to be the worst burger maker. My son inlaw loves burgers so I will have to try this one for him.
Why eat store bought burgers that are tastelessdry and expensive! Homemade done right are so much better!
I will have to try these burgers and what a great idea to add cheese to the meat.
[…] Easy Homemade Hamburgers […]
I make homemade hamburgers all the time, they just taste better.
Comments are closed.